Greetings!

I don't know what to say first, so let's start with the basics: I finally started my long dreamed math blog and I welcome you to this new and very special place! It took me a while to get here, but I hope my energies keep strong to write more and more about math, one of my favorite places in the whole universe. I'm excited to see where Polyhedron Dream can get.

So, let's talk about how this blog will go! 


Me

First things first, I'll introduce myself: I'm Natália, a 22-year-old girl who loves math and most importantly, to share math! I'm the human of two adorable cats, a long time book worm and a Master's student in Applied Mathematics. I also sporadically do some crochet works and study foreign languages (which I wish I'd dedicate myself for a little bit more, but learning English has got me lazy). That pretty much summarizes my current state of life, but I have a lot more I want to do and need to wait for the right time. But well, that's me, and I'm pleased to be here!


The blog

Again, it is a math blog. I still have some life figuring out to do, but Mathematics is the career I chose to myself and I'm pretty happy with it. I really love math and studying it have been a ride, specially when my research field is such a multidisciplinary one and makes me in contact with so many different ways to see and approach Mathematics. But not only studying, writing about it is so fun! I write about any topic that I eventually study or read about and happen to draw me in. Most of them are somewhat advanced, but studying applied math problems made me realize how many fascinating ideas can be summed up without much background, but end up buried in jargon. I want to talk about those ideas to anyone willing to hear!

Oh, and why "Polyhedron Dream"? Well, polyhedra are my favorite mathematical objects and I dream of people getting from math the same enjoyment I get from studying them. I really hope this blog comes as a place of enjoyment to anyone who wants to share and learn.


Important stuff

Finally, some important information (also at the welcome page):

- I'm not one to get technical about anything, but to the curious math nerds around, advanced bibliography will usually be available at the end of every piece. Conceptually and notation heavy pieces will come with a warning so that no one gets scared.

- If you ever feel bored or confused reading a piece, hit me up and I'll do my best to make it easier to read. I'm also open to any feedback or questions that may arise!

- English is my second language and mistakes can come up often, but I'll make corrections anytime they are spotted. Don't hesitate to tell me if you find one! My first language is Portuguese, and plans to a bilingual blog are totally up, but I still don't know when it'll happen.

- Blog design is provisory and will surely get prettier with time.

Contact: polyhedrondream@gmail.com



That's it for our introduction. I hope you have a great day and enjoy your stay!

Comments